The Costa del Maresme, located in the province of Barcelona, is a tourist destination that combines wonderful beaches, cozy hotels and a wide range of activities for all tastes. In this article, we will introduce you to the best of the Costa del Maresme, so you can make the most of your visit to this spectacular region.
Best Beaches of the Costa del Maresme
The Costa del Maresme has more than 50 kilometers of beaches of fine sand and crystal clear waters. Some of the most outstanding are:
With calm and crystal clear waters, this beach is perfect for families and to enjoy a relaxing day.
Calella Beach (Calella)
This long golden sandy beach offers a wide range of services, such as beach bars, playgrounds and water activities.
Ocata Beach (El Masnou)
This wide beach is ideal for those looking for a less crowded place with a quiet atmosphere.
The Best Hotels to stay in the Costa del Maresme
The Costa del Maresme offers a wide variety of accommodations for all tastes and budgets. Some of the most recommended are:
Hotel Bernat II (Calella).
This 4-star hotel offers modern rooms, an outdoor pool and a privileged location near the beach.
Hotel Montemar Marítim (Santa Susanna)
Located on the seafront, this 4-star hotel features an indoor pool, a buffet restaurant and rooms with sea views.
Hotel La Niña (Arenys de Mar)
This charming 3-star hotel, housed in a historic building, offers comfortable rooms and a cozy atmosphere.
What to see and do on the Costa del Maresme?
The Costa del Maresme offers a wide variety of activities and tourist attractions to enjoy, such as:
- Visiting the Montnegre-Corredor Natural Park: Ideal for nature lovers, this park offers hiking and cycling routes with panoramic views.
- Taste the local gastronomy: The region is known for its fresh fish and seafood dishes, as well as for its wines with the Alella designation of origin.
- Explore the picturesque coastal towns: Stroll through the narrow streets of villages such as Tossa de Mar, Sant Pol de Mar and Arenys de Mar.
Where does the Costa del Maresme begin and end?
The Costa del Maresme stretches for about 50 kilometers in the province of Barcelona, from the Besòs River to the border with the province of Girona. It starts in Montgat and ends in Malgrat de Mar.
Why is the Costa del Maresme so called?
The Costa del Maresme is named after the Maresme region, which covers this coastal area in the province of Barcelona. The region takes its name from the Mediterranean Sea, with which it shares a close relationship in terms of geography, culture and economy.
When is the best time to travel to the Costa del Maresme?
The best time to visit the Costa del Maresme is during the months of May to September, when temperatures are warmer and the weather is ideal for enjoying the beach and outdoor activities. However, spring and autumn are also good times to visit, as temperatures are still pleasant and there are fewer tourists.
How to get to the Costa del Maresme?
There are several ways to get to the Costa del Maresme:
- Plane: The nearest airport is Barcelona-El Prat Airport, which receives national and international flights. From there, you can rent a car or take a bus or train to reach your destination on the coast.
- Car: The C-32 freeway and the N-II national highway connect the Costa del Maresme with Barcelona and other regions of Spain, making it easy to reach by car.
- Train: The R1 commuter train line connects Barcelona with the Costa del Maresme, with stops in towns such as Montgat, Calella and Malgrat de Mar.
In short, the Costa del Maresme is a tourist destination full of charm and beauty, with stunning beaches, hotels for all tastes and a wide variety of activities and attractions to enjoy. Its calm and relaxed atmosphere, together with its cultural richness and wonderful landscapes, make this corner of Spain a perfect place for an unforgettable vacation. Don’t wait any longer to explore the Costa del Maresme and discover all it has to offer.