The Costa Cálida is a unique tourist destination in southeastern Spain, with a wide variety of dream beaches, delicious gastronomy and a perfect climate all year round. This destination is ideal for those looking to relax, enjoy the sun and sea and explore the rich culture and history of the region.
Best Beaches of the Costa Cálida
This beach is one of the most famous on the Costa Calida, with its impressive sand dunes and crystal clear waters. It is perfect for swimming, sunbathing or water sports.
This unspoiled beach is one of the most beautiful on the Costa Cálida, surrounded by a stunning natural landscape of dunes and cliffs. It is ideal for those looking for a quiet and natural environment.
This beach is famous for its unique rock formations, known as the Gredas de Bolnuevo. It is a perfect beach for those looking for stunning scenery and a relaxed atmosphere.
The Best Hotels to stay in the Costa Calida
La Manga Club
This resort is one of the most exclusive on the Costa Calida, with impressive sports facilities and a wide variety of accommodation options.
This hotel is located on the beachfront in the La Manga area and offers stunning sea views and a wide variety of amenities for its guests.
Hotel Termas Carthaginesas
This boutique hotel is located in the historic center of Cartagena and offers a unique experience in an elegant and sophisticated atmosphere.
Vacation Rentals on the Costa Calida
- Mar Menor Rentals: This company offers a wide variety of apartments and villas in the Mar Menor area, with options for all tastes and budgets.
- Costa Cálida Rentals: This company offers vacation rentals throughout the Costa Cálida, with options of houses, villas and apartments in the most popular areas.
What to see and what to do in the Costa Cálida?
- Visit Cartagena: This city is a historical and cultural treasure, with impressive monuments such as the Roman Theater and the Punic Wall, as well as a variety of museums and art galleries.
- Explore the Mar Menor: This saltwater lake is a perfect place to swim, practice water sports and enjoy a relaxed and natural environment.
- Discover the Sierra de Espuña: This stunning nature reserve is perfect for hiking, biking or simply enjoying nature.
Where does the Costa Cálida begin and end?
The Costa Cálida extends from the municipality of Águilas, in the region of Murcia, to the municipality of Pilar de la Horadada, in the province of Alicante.
Why is the Costa Cálida so called?
The Costa Cálida receives its name due to the warm and sunny climate that is enjoyed throughout the year in this area of the Mediterranean.
When is the best time to travel to the Costa Cálida?
The Costa Cálida is a perfect destination to visit at any time of the year, thanks to its mild and sunny climate. However, the best time to enjoy the beaches and water activities is during the spring and summer months.
How to get to the Costa Cálida?
The easiest way to get to the Costa Cálida is by plane, as the region has two main airports: Murcia-San Javier Airport and Alicante-Elche Airport. It is also possible to arrive by car or train, with several train stations in the region.