If you are looking for a paradisiacal destination to enjoy nature and immerse yourself in the wonders of the underwater world, Nosy Tanikely in Madagascar is the perfect option. This small island, declared a marine park, offers a unique experience for diving and snorkeling enthusiasts. Keep reading to learn more about this spectacular place!
What to do in Nosy Tanikely: Paradise for diving and snorkeling lovers
The main attraction of Nosy Tanikely is its impressive marine park, home to a great diversity of marine life. Visitors can practice snorkeling and diving in its crystal-clear waters to observe colorful fish, corals, sea turtles, and more. Additionally, it is also possible to enjoy the white sand beach and go hiking on the island.
Diving and snorkeling in Nosy Tanikely
In the waters surrounding Nosy Tanikely, you will find a coral reef full of life, where you can observe a great variety of marine species in their natural habitat. Some of the animals you can spot include sea turtles, rays, reef sharks, eels, and a wide variety of tropical fish. The water conditions are ideal for diving and snorkeling, with good visibility and pleasant temperatures throughout the year.
Relaxing on the beach
Nosy Tanikely has a beautiful white sand beach where you can relax and enjoy the sun. The shallow and calm waters are perfect for taking a refreshing swim or simply resting on the shore while contemplating the tropical landscape.
Hiking on the island
Although Nosy Tanikely is mainly known for its marine park, it also offers the possibility of hiking on the island. You can explore the tropical vegetation and enjoy panoramic views of the surroundings. Additionally, at the top of the island, you will find a historic lighthouse that is worth a visit.
How to get to Nosy Tanikely: Explore your transportation options
To get to Nosy Tanikely, you must first fly to Antananarivo International Airport, the capital of Madagascar. From there, take an internal flight to Nosy Be or Ankify and, finally, a boat to Nosy Tanikely.
- Plane: Several airlines offer flights from Antananarivo to Nosy Be or Ankify. The price of the internal flight varies, but you can expect to pay between $100 and $300 for a round-trip ticket.
- Boat: Once in Nosy Be or Ankify, you can take a boat to Nosy Tanikely. The boat trip takes approximately 1-2 hours and costs around $20-40 per person, depending on the type of vessel and whether it is an organized tour or private transportation.
Useful tips for visiting Nosy Tanikely
- Bring snorkeling gear or make sure it’s included in your tour, as this is the main activity on the island.
- Use biodegradable sunscreen to protect your skin and avoid damaging the marine ecosystem.
- Bring enough water and snacks as there are no stores or restaurants on the island.
- Remember that Nosy Tanikely is a protected area, so it is forbidden to touch or damage marine life and corals. It is also forbidden to collect shells or any other natural object.
- If you plan to visit Nosy Tanikely as part of a tour, make sure to book in advance, especially during peak season.