In this guide, you will discover the beauty and charm of Anakao, a paradise beach in Madagascar. As we delve into this article, we will reveal all the secrets that make Anakao an unforgettable tourist destination.
What to do in Anakao
There are plenty of exciting activities to enjoy in Anakao, both on the beach and in the surrounding areas. Here are some of the most popular options:
|Activity||Recommended number of people||Approximate price||Location|
|Snorkeling and diving||1-2||$50-$100||Nearby reefs|
|Boat ride||2-6||$30-$60 per person||Departures from Anakao beach|
|Whale watching||1-8||$50-$100||Ocean, near Anakao|
|Visit to Tsimanampetsotsa National Park||1-4||$20-$40 per person||About 30 km from Anakao|
Hotels and apartments near Anakao
Although Anakao is a relatively small destination, there are several accommodation options available in the area. Here are some of the hotels and apartments you can consider:
|Hotel/Apartment||Stars||Approximate price||Location||Main services|
|Anakao Ocean Lodge||3||$60-$100||Anakao||Restaurant, pool, Wi-Fi|
|Prince Anakao Lodge||3||$50-$80||Anakao||Restaurant, Wi-Fi, water activities|
|Peter Pan Resort||3||$40-$70||Anakao||Restaurant, Wi-Fi, excursions|
|Longo Vezo Bungalows||2||$30-$60||Anakao||Restaurant, Wi-Fi, terrace|
Places and attractions near Anakao
In addition to its beautiful beaches, Anakao is also close to some interesting places worth visiting:
- Tsimanampetsotsa National Park: This national park is known for its diversity of flora and fauna, including a large number of endemic birds and the famous lemur.
- Nosy Ve: A small island south of Anakao, known for its white sandy beach and coral reefs perfect for snorkeling.
- Tulear Reserve: This natural reserve is home to a variety of animal and plant species, including the iconic baobab tree.
Where to eat in Anakao
In Anakao, you can enjoy a delicious variety of local and international dishes. These are some of the best restaurants in the area:
|Restaurant||Cuisine||Approximate price||Location||Best dishes|
|Le Jardin de Giancarlo||Seafood, local cuisine||$15-$30||Anakao||Lobster, coconut shrimp|
|La Marmite d’Anakao||French, local cuisine||$10-$20||Anakao||Fish fillet, ceviche|
|Le Paradisier||Local cuisine, seafood||$10-$25||Anakao||Calamari, fish skewers|
The weather in Anakao
The climate in Anakao is generally warm and tropical. The average annual temperature is around 27°C (81°F), with a humidity of 75%. The best time to visit Anakao is from May to October, during the dry season, when temperatures are milder and there is less chance of heavy rains.
Where is Anakao and how to get there
Anakao is located on the southwest coast of Madagascar, about 40 km south of the city of Toliara. Here’s how to get to Anakao from different modes of transportation:
- Plane: The nearest airport is Toliara Airport (TLE). From there, you can take a taxi or shuttle service to Anakao, which takes approximately 1.5 hours.
- Boat: There are boat services from Toliara to Anakao, which take approximately 1 hour. The price varies depending on the season and type of boat, but generally ranges from $10 to $30 per person.
- Road: If you prefer to travel by land, you can rent a 4×4 car in Toliara and drive to Anakao. Keep in mind that the road can be difficult, especially during the rainy season.
What sports can we practice in Anakao
In Anakao, there are several sports activities to enjoy, both on land and in the water. Some of the most popular options include:
- Diving and snorkeling
- Windsurfing and kitesurfing
- Sport fishing
- Hiking and trekking in Tsimanampetsotsa National Park
Can we go to Anakao with children?
Anakao is an ideal destination for families with children, as it offers a great variety of activities and attractions suitable for all ages. Some ideas for family fun include:
- Building sandcastles on the beach
- Snorkeling in shallow waters
- Whale and dolphin watching
- Visit Tsimanampetsotsa National Park to learn about local flora and fauna