The Maehama Beach is located on the Miyako Island, in the Okinawa archipelago, Japan. With its white sands and crystal clear turquoise waters, Maehama is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in Japan and an ideal destination for beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts.
What to do at Maehama Beach, Okinawa?
At Maehama Beach, activities focus on enjoying the sun, sea and sand, as well as exploring the stunning natural surroundings of the island.
|Activity||Recommended group size||Approximate price||Location|
|Glass-bottom boat ride||1-10||2,000¥||Maehama Beach|
|Cycling||1-2||1,000¥||Surroundings of the island|
Hotels and apartments near Maehama Beach, Okinawa
The Miyako Island offers a wide range of accommodations for all tastes and budgets.
|Hotel name||Stars||Approximate price||Location||Main services|
|Shigira Bayside Suite Allamanda||5||30,000¥||Near Maehama Beach||Wi-Fi, A/C, Restaurant, Spa, Swimming pool|
|Hotel Breeze Bay Marina||3||12,000¥||Near Maehama Beach||Wi-Fi, A/C, Restaurant, Swimming pool|
|Feliz Villa Suite Miyakojima||3||9,000¥||Near Maehama Beach||Wi-Fi, A/C, Kitchen, Parking|
Places of interest near Maehama Beach, Okinawa
- Kurima Bridge: An impressive 1.6 km bridge that connects Miyako Island with the small island of Kurima, offering panoramic views of the ocean.
- Makiyama Viewpoint: A viewpoint on Miyako Island that offers panoramic views of Maehama Beach and the surrounding ocean.
- Ryugu Caves: A system of underwater caves located near Maehama Beach, popular among divers for its impressive coral formation and marine life.
- Miyako Marine Park: A water park and conservation center that offers activities such as swimming with dolphins and snorkeling in a protected environment.
Where to eat at Maehama Beach, Okinawa?
The Miyako Island offers a variety of gastronomic options, from traditional Okinawan cuisine to international dishes.
|Restaurant||Type of food||Approximate price||Location||Best dishes|
|Yakiniku Gen||Japanese barbecue||2,500¥||Miyakojima||Yakiniku, Okinawan pork|
|Painushima||Okinawan cuisine||1,500¥||Miyakojima||Goya chanpuru, rafute|
|Café Lido||Café, pastry||1,000¥||Near Maehama Beach||Coffee, homemade cakes, sandwiches|
Weather at Maehama Beach, Okinawa
The climate in Okinawa is subtropical, with warm and pleasant temperatures throughout the year. The average temperature ranges from 20°C to 30°C, with humid summers and mild winters. The best time to visit Maehama Beach is from March to October, when temperatures are higher and there is less rainfall.
Where is Maehama Beach, Okinawa and how to get there?
The Miyako Island, where Maehama Beach is located, is in the Okinawa archipelago in southern Japan. To get to Miyako Island:
- Flight from Naha: There are daily flights from Naha Airport in Okinawa to Miyako Airport. The flight takes approximately 1 hour, and prices vary depending on the season and the airline.
- Flight from Tokyo, Osaka or Nagoya: There are also direct flights from Haneda Airport in Tokyo, Kansai Airport in Osaka, and Chubu Airport in Nagoya to Miyako Airport. The flight duration varies between 2.5 and 3.5 hours, depending on the departure point.
Once on Miyako Island, Maehama Beach is about a 20-minute drive from the airport. You can rent a car or motorcycle to get around the island.
Enjoy your vacation at Maehama Beach, Okinawa, a tropical paradise in Japan that combines the best of nature, culture, and relaxation.