Jiquilisco Bay is a coastal paradise in El Salvador. It is an area of mangroves and sand dunes that is home to many species of birds, fish and sea turtles. Jiquilisco Bay beach is known for its calm waters, natural beauty and rich marine fauna.
What to do in Jiquilisco Bay Beach?
Jiquilisco Bay beach is ideal for those looking for a quiet place to relax and enjoy nature. The beach is perfect for swimming, water sports such as kayaking and paddleboarding, or just enjoying the natural beauty. You can also take walks on the beach, kayak tours through the mangroves and boat rides to observe the sea turtles.
Hotels and Apartments near Jiquilisco Bay Beach
A variety of accommodations can be found in Jiquilisco Bay, from luxurious resorts to rustic cabins. The most popular hotels and apartments near the beach are:
- Tortuga Village Hotel: a resort with a swimming pool, restaurant and panoramic views of the bay.
- Hotel Los Mangos: a luxury hotel with spacious and modern rooms, swimming pool and restaurant.
- Las Veraneras: a resort with rustic cabins and a restaurant.
Where to eat in Jiquilisco Bay Beach
The food in Jiquilisco Bay is known for its delicious taste and variety. On the beach you can find several restaurants and bars offering a wide variety of local and international dishes. Some of the most popular restaurants near the beach are:
- El Rancho del Pelón: a restaurant serving seafood and local dishes, such as seafood soup.
- El Capitán: a restaurant offering a wide variety of fresh seafood dishes, as well as vegetarian and vegan options.
- La Concha: a beach bar serving drinks and light meals, such as sandwiches and salads.
The Weather at Jiquilisco Bay Beach El Salvador
The climate in Jiquilisco Bay is warm and humid throughout the year, with average temperatures of around 28°C. The rainy season is from May to October, and the best time to visit the beach is from November to April.
Where is Jiquilisco Bay Beach and how to get there?
Jiquilisco Bay is located on the Pacific coast of El Salvador, about 135 km southeast of San Salvador. To get to the beach, you can take a bus from San Salvador to Usulután and then take a cab or local bus to Jiquilisco Bay. You can also rent a car in San Salvador and drive to the beach, which can be a good option for those who wish to explore the surrounding area.