Wineglass Bay, located in Freycinet National Park in Tasmania, Australia, is one of the most spectacular beaches in the world. With its white sand, turquoise waters and dreamlike scenery, Wineglass Bay is the perfect place for those looking to enjoy nature and the beauty of the environment. In this guide, we will provide you with all the information you need to make the most of your visit to Wineglass Bay.
What to do in Wineglass Bay?
Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park offer a wide variety of activities to enjoy the stunning natural surroundings.
|Activity||Recommended Number of People||Approximate Price||Location|
|Hiking to the Wineglass Bay Lookout||1-4||Free||Freycinet National Park|
|Swimming and Snorkeling||1-4||Free||Wineglass Bay|
|Kayaking through the bay||2||$90 AUD per person||Wineglass Bay|
|Wildlife watching||1-4||Free||Freycinet National Park|
|Boat tour along the Freycinet Coast||1-12||$140 AUD per person||Coles Bay|
Hotels and apartments near Wineglass Bay
Freycinet National Park and the surrounding area offer a variety of lodging options near Wineglass Bay.
|Hotel Name||Stars||Approximate Price||Location||Main Services|
|Freycinet Lodge||4||$300 AUD per night||Freycinet National Park||Restaurant, bar, activities|
|Iluka Holiday Centre||3||$150 AUD per night||4 Reserve Road, Coles Bay||Apartments, free wifi, parking|
|Edge of the Bay Resort||4||$250 AUD per night||2308 Coles Bay Road, Coles Bay||Cabins, access to private beach, restaurant|
Places and Sites of Interest near Wineglass Bay
Wineglass Bay is close to several places of interest that you should not miss during your visit.
- Freycinet National Park: Explore this national park and its many trails that offer spectacular views of the Tasmanian coastline.
- Wineglass Bay Lookout: Enjoy a panoramic view of Wineglass Bay from this popular lookout point.
- Honeymoon Bay: Discover this charming little bay, perfect for swimming and relaxing.
- Cape Tourville: Visit this historic lighthouse and enjoy panoramic views of the Freycinet coastline.
Where to eat near Wineglass Bay?
Although dining options near Wineglass Bay are limited due to its remote location, here are some options nearby:
|Restaurant Name||Cuisine Type||Approximate Price||Location||Top Dishes|
|The Bay Restaurant||Modern Australian||$25-$50 AUD per dish||Freycinet Lodge, Freycinet National Park||Catch of the day, roast lamb|
|Geographe Restaurant & Espresso Bar||Café and light meals||$15-$30 AUD per dish||5 East Esplanade, Coles Bay||Sandwiches, salads, tarts|
|Tombolo Freycinet||Pizzeria and café||$15-$30 AUD per dish||6 Garnet Avenue, Coles Bay||Pizzas, pastries, desserts|
The weather in Wineglass Bay
Wineglass Bay has a temperate oceanic climate with cool summers and mild winters. The average temperature in summer (December to February) ranges from 12°C to 22°C, while in winter (June to August) it varies from 4°C to 14°C. The best time to visit Wineglass Bay is during the warmer months, from November to March, when temperatures are more pleasant and there is less rain.
Where is Wineglass Bay and how to get there?
Wineglass Bay is located in Freycinet National Park on the east coast of Tasmania, Australia. To get to Wineglass Bay, you have several transport options:
- By Car: From Hobart, take the Tasman Highway (A3) east and follow signs to Coles Bay and Freycinet National Park. The journey takes approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Bus: There are limited bus services between Hobart and Coles Bay, with a journey time of approximately 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Organized tours: Many companies in Hobart offer day and multi-day tours to Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay, including transport and activities.