El Chileno beach is located in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico. It offers beautiful turquoise waters, white sands and palm trees for shade. This beach is about 20 minutes drive from Cabo San Lucas. El Chileno beach is a perfect place for swimming and snorkeling due to its shallow waters and calm waves, making it safe for both children and adults.
What to do in El Chileno Beach?
Here are some of the recommended activities to do at El Chileno Beach in Baja California Sur:
- There are also paddle boards for rent for 10 USD per hour. The rental price is for a maximum of 4 people and can be used for 2 hours. This rate is available for both adults and children.
- If you are looking for a light snack or cold drinks, there is a small taco stand located right next to the beach. Tacos cost 5 USD and are served with freshly made salsa and guacamole.
- El Chileno is divided into two parts: one for swimming and one for surfing – each with its own set of activities (and each with its own access road). To get to the swimming section, turn right immediately after entering through gate 2; to surf, turn left immediately after entering through gate 2 (you drive along a dirt road).
- El Chileno beach is a great place for snorkeling. The water is shallow enough for children to swim in, and snorkeling equipment can be rented on site. There are plenty of fish in the water, so bring your underwater camera and see if you can spot some sea turtles or dolphins while enjoying this activity.
- Palapas are a type of thatched-roof shelter that you can rent on the beaches of Baja California Sur. They are similar to cabanas, but have one important difference: they are cheap!
- Palapas can be rented for as little as $5 per hour, which is much cheaper than the cost of renting a cabana for the same amount of time. The palapas come with chairs, tables and umbrellas that provide shade from the hot Mexican sun.
The Weather at El Chileno Beach in Baja California Sur
Below you can see the weather forecast at El Chileno Beach in Baja California Sur:
BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR WEATHER
El Chileno Beach Webcam
Enjoy this spectacular view of El Chileno beach:
Where is it and how to get to El Chileno Beach in Baja California Sur?
El Chileno beach is located about 20 minutes drive from Cabo San Lucas, along the Pacific coast. Follow the signs to La Ribera, and then follow them back to El Chileno. There are other beaches in the area that are also worth visiting if you have time. Playa Bonita and Las Animas are two of our favorites.
Hotels and Apartments near El Chileno Beach
Find the best accommodation deals near El Chileno Beach:
Snorkeling and Scuba Diving at El Chileno Beach
Of the many beaches in Baja California Sur, El Chileno is one of my favorites. It’s a great place to swim and snorkel because it’s shallow enough for kids to have fun without worrying about the depth. The sand at El Chileno is not as pristine as other Cabo San Lucas beaches, but that doesn’t make it any less beautiful. What if you’re hungry? There is a taco stand on the beach.
You can rent snorkeling gear or just walk up to the rental booth before entering the water if you don’t have your own gear. I recommend you get some goggles, so your eyes will be protected from saltwater splashes while you enjoy all that Baja has to offer.