The Province of Sancti Spíritus is located in central Cuba, with a territorial extension of 7 478 km2. It was one of the seven villages founded by the Spaniard Diego Velázquez de Cuéllar in 1514 and is the only province founded by him that remains practically intact to this day.
Sancti Spíritus is a very beautiful province with a lot to offer. It is surrounded by mountains, hills and beaches, which makes it very attractive for those who visit it. It is an ideal place for those seeking ecotourism, and offers the opportunity to relax and enjoy a natural environment.
This place is characterized by its rich culture and traditions. It also stands out for its colonial architecture, the patios with narrow streets that lead to the town’s cathedral and its historical monuments. In addition, it has numerous artistic manifestations such as Cuban music and the typical folklore of the region.
The Beaches of Sancti Spíritus
Sancti Spíritus does not lag behind other cities when it comes to having beautiful beaches. These beaches are located along the 20 km of coastline of the area, from the Caribbean Sea to the Gulf of Ancon. The main ones are:
- Ancon Beach: it is the closest to town and is surrounded by beautiful coral reefs. This beach can be the perfect place to enjoy the sea and practice some water sports.
- María Aguilar Beach: it is located a few kilometers from Trinidad and is known for its crystal-clear waters, long and quiet beach.
- La Boca Beach: located one hour from Trinidad, this beach is characterized by its transparent waters and turquoise color. It is the ideal place for scuba diving.
Best Hotels in Sancti Spiritus in Cuba
What to see and do in Sancti Spíritus?
- Iglesia Parroquial Mayor del Espiritu: This church has beautiful religious works of art.
- Topes de Coyantes Natural Park: This park is one of the main places of entertainment for the inhabitants of Sancti Spíritus. It has a great variety of trees, plants and animals.
- Provincial Museum: This museum houses numerous exhibits on the history of the city and the entire state. It also has other museums such as the Museum of Colonial Art or the National Museum of the Fight Against Bandits.
- Other historical sites: Sancti Spíritus is full of historical buildings and sites to explore, such as the Plaza Mayor or the Serafín Sánchez Park.
Weather and Climate in Sancti Spíritus
The climate in Sancti Spíritus is temperate with an average annual temperature of 24ºC (75ºF). During the summer, the temperature can reach 38ºC; while during the winter the average temperature is 17ºC.
Sancti Spíritus Beaches Map
In the following Sancti Spíritus Beach Map you can explore the beaches of the area and find some of the most recommended beaches in this province: