Welcome to the Pakleni Islands, a paradise archipelago located off the coast of Hvar in Croatia. This group of islands and islets is home to some of the most beautiful and pristine beaches in the country, as well as a wide variety of activities to enjoy in a unique natural environment. In this guide, we will show you everything you need to know to plan your perfect getaway to the Pakleni Islands.
What to do in the Pakleni Islands?
The Pakleni Islands offer a wide range of activities for all tastes and ages. From relaxing on its dreamy beaches to exploring its trails and hidden coves, there is something for everyone in this spectacular destination.
|Actividad||Personas recomendadas||Precio aproximado||Ubicación|
|Navegación en velero||2-8||€100-€200||Marina de Hvar|
|Excursión en kayak||1-4||€40-€60||Playa Mlini, Zdrilca|
|Buceo||1-6||€50-€80||Centro de buceo en Palmizana|
|Caminata por la naturaleza||1-10||Gratis||Varios senderos en las islas|
Hotels and apartments near the Pakleni Islands
Staying near the Pakleni Islands is ideal for fully enjoying its charms. Here is a selection of hotels and apartments for all budgets.
|Nombre del hotel||Estrellas||Precio aproximado||Ubicación||Principales servicios|
|Hotel Podstine||4||€100-€180||Hvar||Piscina, playa privada, restaurante|
|Apartamentos Riva||3||€60-€100||Hvar||Cocina, balcón, vistas al mar|
|Villa Meneghello||4||€120-€200||Palmizana||Jardín, restaurante, playa cercana|
Places of interest near the Pakleni Islands
In the surroundings of the Pakleni Islands, you will find a great variety of places and sites of interest that you cannot miss during your visit.
- Hvar: Explore the historic city of Hvar, with its impressive fortress and lively nightlife. Stari
- Grad: Visit this charming village on the island of Hvar, known for its cobbled streets and rich history.
- Blue Cave: Discover this natural wonder on the island of Biševo, where you can enjoy a magical blue light effect inside the cave.
- Mljet National Park: Venture into this beautiful national park, home to two saltwater lakes and a Benedictine monastery.
Where to eat in the Pakleni Islands?
Taste delicious Croatian cuisine in the restaurants of the Pakleni Islands and its surroundings. Here is a selection of the best places to eat.
|Nombre del restaurante||Tipo de comida||Precio aproximado||Ubicación||Mejores platos|
|Laganini Lounge||Mediterránea||€15-€30||Palmizana||Carpaccio de pescado, risotto de mariscos|
|Mamato Bar & Bistro||Internacional||€10-€25||Hvar||Hamburguesas gourmet, ensaladas|
|Zori||Mediterránea||€20-€40||Palmizana||Pescado fresco, pasta casera|
The weather in the Pakleni Islands
The climate in the Pakleni Islands is typically Mediterranean, with warm and dry summers and mild and humid winters. The average temperature in summer ranges from 25 to 30°C, while in winter it is around 10°C. The best time of year to visit the Pakleni Islands is between May and September, when the weather is warmer and you can fully enjoy the beaches and outdoor activities.
Where are the Pakleni Islands and how to get there?
The Pakleni Islands are located off the coast of Hvar in Croatia. To get to the islands, there are various transportation options:
- Ferry: From Split, take a ferry to the city of Hvar. The journey takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes and costs around €20 per person. From Hvar, you can take a water taxi to the Pakleni Islands.
- Plane: The nearest airport is Split Airport. From the airport, you can take a bus to the port of Split and continue with the ferry to Hvar.
- Car: If you prefer to rent a car, you can drive from Split to Stari Grad (island of Hvar) by ferry. From there, drive to the city of Hvar and take a water taxi to the Pakleni Islands.